The second edition of the EIBF conference “Creative and Innovative Solutions by Bookshops and Booksellers Associations” took place in Frankfurt on 12.10.2017 and gathered a total of about 60 participants. This year again, many fascinating presentations were made and a wide range of topics was covered.
You can find the slides of all these presentations in PDF format below:
- Susanne König’s Keynote (USA),
Executive Director of “Powerhouse” and “Powerhouse on 8th”, Recipient of the Bookseller Prize of the German Book Office New York
- The best things I have done in my bookshop
- Pierre Coursières (France), CEO of “Le Furet du Nord”
- Daniel Lager (Germany), owner of “Bücherstube Fuhlsbüttel” and “Bücherstube am Kronstieg”
- Jane Streeter (UK), owner of the “Bookcase”, past President of the Booksellers Association of the UK & Irelan
The best things my Booksellers Association has done
- Sveinung Råmundal (Norway), owner of “Kviteseid Bookshop”, Board member of the Norwegian Booksellers Association
- Nadezhda Mikhaylova (Russia), General Director of “Moscow Book House”, President of the Association of Book Distributors of Independent States
- Joel Becker (Australia), CEO of the Australian Booksellers Association – video presentation
- Jakub Petr (Czech Republic), owner of “Knihkupectiví Papyrus”, Czech Booksellers & Publishers Association
- Mats Ahlström (Sweden), owner of “Djursholms Bokhandel”, President of the Swedish Booksellers Association
Please find below the programme of the Round Table organised by EIBF on Geo-Blocking and Interoperability, to be held on the 10th of January in the European Parliament:
To download the programme in PDF format, please click here.
To register and in case you have any questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your presence!
There has been many fascinating presentations made at this year’s EIBF conference at the Frankfurt Book Fair on a wide range of topics. You can find the slides of all these presentations in PDF format below:
- Jan Orthey’s Keynote
- The Best thing I did for my Bookshop this year
- Rosamund de la Hey (UK), owner of “The Mainstreet Trading Company”
- Maria Hamrefors (SWE), CEO of “Akademikbokhandeln”
- Philippa Duffy (NZ), General Manager of the “Otago University Bookshop”
- Patricia Genat (AUS), CEO of “ALS Library Services
- Best practices in book distribution
- José Manuel Anta & Juancho Pons (ESP), Managing director of FANDE & The President of the Spanish Booksellers Association
- Klaus Renkl (GER), Business Development, ePublishing/Tolino
- Nana Lohrengel (ITA), General Secretary, Umberto and Elisabetta Mauri Foundation
- The best thing my BA did last year
- Tim Godfray (UK) & Jane Streeter, CEO of the Booksellers Association of the U.K. and Ireland & the owner of “The Bookcase”
- Oren Teicher (US), CEO of the American Booksellers Association
- Juancho Pons (ESP), President of the Spanish Booksellers Association
- Alex Schade (NL), Sales Director, “The Dutch Book Token”
Frankfurt Book Fair, Tulip Lounge, Hall 5.1
Join the European and International Booksellers Federation (EIBF) and meet key stakeholders in the bookselling industry. Exchange insights with them on trends and developments in your business. Bookseller or trade association? Wholesaler or distributor? Do not wait to join this very unique one-day conference, where you will have an exclusive opportunity to share experiences and examples of best practices.
Click here to register and fill in the online form
Click here to download the programme
All booksellers are very welcome to take part in this competition which aims at highlighting one bookshop for excellence in a range of areas. The deadline for entries is 15 January 2016.
Opening reception of the photo exhibition: 14 Oct., 12 noon, Hall 4.0, foyer
Winners of the European Union Prize for Literature 2015 (EUPL) at the official award ceremony in Brussels, June 2015. photo: copyright: Philippe Molitor (gleamlight.com)
The European Union Prize for Literature (EUPL) is a unique award: 37 countries take part in the Prize, with each one selecting a winner every three years, on a rotation basis. This year’s twelve winners – selected by national juries – were announced by the European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport, Tibor Navracsics, in April.
Now the Prize enters the spotlight at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the world’s largest gathering of the literary trade. It is an opportunity for the Prize, and this year’s winners, to become known to a wider audience. Visitors to the Frankfurt Book Fair (14-18 October) will find a photo exhibition showcasing the 2015 winners in the foyer of Hall 4.0 (on the left-hand side as you enter from the Agora), and on 14 October, at the opening reception for the photo exhibition at midday, a new ‘Friends of EUPL’ initiative will be discussed.Read more
EIBF GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND ANNUAL CONFERENCE 22-23 JUNE – EUPL CEREMONY 23 JUNE @ 7 PM – BRUSSELS-
EIBF General Assembly will take place in Brussels on Monday 22 June @ 1.30 pm and will be followed by the Conference in the afternoon and on Tuesday 23 June until approximately lunch time. In the afternoon, specific book market sessions can be held on request (work in progress).
For more information about the conference and the registration procedure: email@example.com
To register to the EUPL Awards Ceremony: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Union Prize for Literature Awards Ceremony will take place on the evening on 23 June @ 7pm and be followed by a walking dinner you are all cordially invited to. The event has been moved forward from November in the previous editions, to June, in order to allow more time for the promotion of the winning authors at the Frankfurt Book Fair and for the bookselling peak of the Holiday Season.
The 12 winning authors from the participating countries in 2015 will be presented an award for their work by Mr. Tibor Navracsics, Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport; in the presence of Mrs. Silvia Costa, MEP and Chair of the Culture and Education Committee, and public figures from the fields of culture, literature and politics.
Have a look at the 2014 Ceremony on http://www.euprizeliterature.eu/awards-ceremony/2014
Location: Mariott Hotel, in front of the Fair Ground
Drinks will be served at 7.00pm and followed by dinner at 7.30pm
Riethmueller, CEO of Osiander (www.osiander.de) is the keynote speaker and will address the audience with a presentation about the family-led company’s strategy (30 bookshops and planning more) to outcompete Amazon on the German market
EIBF General AssemblyOnly registered participants will be admitted.
will take place on Thursday 9 October.
- Noon: sandwich lunch
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm: General Meeting. Detailed programme will follow.
Thursday, 10 April 2014 – 9:45am – Friday, 11 April 2014 – 12:30pm
Thursday 10th April
The conference was moderated by Mike Coote and Dave Evans
HAMPTON ROOM, EARLS COURT 2
9.45 am Get intimate to win – engaging with the new connected consumer
Speaker: Ibrahim Ibrahim, Managing Director, Portland Design Associates
11.00 am International Retail Seminar in partnership with the LBF
The Bookshop of the Future: Three Visions
- Sion Hamilton, Retail Operations Director, Foyles
- Steve Bercu, ABA President and Book People, Austen, Texas
- Hiroshi Sogo, Managing Director Kinokuniya, Japan
- Chaired Philip Jones, Editor of The Bookseller