Save the date: 12 May 2015 – 7.00 PMRead more
- EIBF GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND ANNUAL CONFERENCE 22-23 JUNE – EUPL CEREMONY 23 JUNE @ 7 PM – BRUSSELS – BOOK YOUR HOTEL
- ABOUT THE CONFERENCE AND THE EVENT
- JOINT STATEMENT FROM THE FRENCH, GERMAN, POLISH & ITALIAN MINISTERS FOR CULTURE ON REDUCED VAT ON E-BOOKS
- BOOKSELLERS SUPPORT #CopyrightForFreedom and debate on copyright on France 24 (in French)
Books are essential to the development and circulation of knowledge and culture. They play a decisive role to foster cultural diversity, one of Europe’s greatest assets, and empower European citizens. Read more
in French on France 24Read more
The whole book chain claims its unconditional support to the freedom of writing, publishing, selling and reading books: Copyright guarantees Freedom of Expression at the Paris Book Fair.
EIBF and its Members have always advocated for a level playing field for all book retailers.
Booksellers in membership with EIBF pay their taxes and contribute to their local economies by creating jobs within their community.Read more
Representing 10,000 literary translators in 29 European countries, CEATL (European Council of Literary Translators’ Associations) has released a document stating its opinion on Julia Reda’s draft report on the implementation of Directive 2001/29/EC on copyright, to be examined by the European Parliament this Spring.
- EIBF GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND ANNUAL CONFERENCE 22-23 JUNE – EUPL CEREMONY 23 JUNE @ 7 PM
- EIBF SENT ITS COMMENTS TO THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION ON THE ALLEDGED STATE AID TO AMAZON BY LUXEMBOURG
- THE PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, MARTIN SCHULZ, EXPRESSES HIS STRONG SUPPORT TO THE BOOK TRADE
- BOOKS AT WHICH PRICE? STUDY COMMISSIONED BY THE NORWEGIAN BOOKSELLERS ASSOCIATION ON FIXED AND FREE PRICES
- « AN ALTERNATIVE TO ADOBE DRM – LIGHT WEIGHT CONTENT PROTECTION » AN INITIATIVE OF THE RAEDIUM CONSORTIUM