- GEO-BLOCKING: THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT ADOPTS THE FINAL TEXT IN PLENARY
- EIBF LONDON CONFERENCE: DRAFT PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE – 11.04, FROM 3PM TO 5.30PM- SAVE THE DATE. GENERAL ASSEMBLY FROM 5.30 PM TO 6 PM
- PAYMENT SERVICES: NEW RULES APPLICABLE AS OF JANUARY 13th
- VAT: MORE FLEXIBILITY ON VAT RATES, LESS RED TAPE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
- CONTRACTS FOR THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT: SECOND TRILOGUE ON 30/01
- WINTER INSTITUTE 13: TIPS, HINTS & REMINDERS FOR ATTENDEES
- EIBF LONDON CONFERENCE: SAVE THE DATE – 11.04, FROM 2PM TO 5.30PM
- GERMANY: BOOKS & BOOKSELLING IN NUMBERS, 2016
- EIBF FULLY SUPPORTS THE AMERICAN BOOKSELLERS ASSOCIATION’S & THE INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHERS ASSOCIATION’S CONDEMNATIONS OF DONALD TRUMP’S ATTEMPTS TO CENSOR FIRE AND FURY
- NETHERLANDS: ANNE SCHROËN APPOINTED AS NEW DIRECTOR OF THE DUTCH BA
- MOLDOVAN WRITER ATTEMPTS TO EXTORT MONEY FROM FOREIGN BOOKSELLERS – WARNING
- SEASON’S GREETINGS – EIBF LOBBYING SUCCESSES – EIBF SECRETARIAT HOLIDAYS
- EIBF CONFERENCE IN LONDON – CALL FOR SPEAKERS
The European & International Booksellers Federation- EIBF – welcomes the decision of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council (Ecofin) of 5 December, which unanimously adopted new rules for VAT on e-commerce.
The establishment of a 10.000€ threshold for start-ups and SMEs in yearly cross-border online sale, under which the home country VAT rate will apply, will definitely enable booksellers to offer more (e)books on foreign markets, as this new measure reduces administrative formalities and will ultimately benefit to consumers.
Reducing the number of pieces of evidence to one to identify customers’ location is excellent news for those of the booksellers whose turnover is up to 100.000 € .Read more
- VAT FOR E-COMMERCE: EIBF REJOICES AT TWO POSITIVE STEPS FORWARD
- TAX CUTS FOR ITALIAN INDEPENDENT BOOKSHOPS VOTED BY SENATE EFFECTIVE IN 2018 & 2019
- USA: INDEPENDENT BUSINESS’ SURVEY ON HOW INDEPENDENT BUSINESS ARE BETTER POSITIONED THAN CHAINS TO WEATHER AMAZON
- VAT REVAMP : STATE OF PLAY ON SIMPLIFICATIONS FOR E-COMMERCE FOR SME’S
- GEO-BLOCKING: EIBF REJOICES AT THE RESULT OF THE SECOND TRILOGUE
The European and International Booksellers Federation – EIBF – notes with great satisfaction that the negotiations held yesterday between the European Parliament, the European Commission and the Council (trilogue) about the geo-blocking regulation were positive.
The proposal agreed upon yesterday, and tabled by the Estonian Presidency, leaves copyright-protected material, including e-books, out of the scope of the regulation and proposes a review clause of 2 years.
In practice, due to the entry into force and various steps in the process, this means that the review clause will not kick off before the end of 2020 or the spring 2021.Read more
- GEO-BLOCKING: COMPROMISE PROPOSED BY THE ESTONIAN PRESIDENCY, E-BOOKS TO BE INCLUDED IN A 2-YEAR REVIEW CLAUSE
- YOUR SAY ON FAIR TAXATION OF DIGITAL ECONOMY – CONSULTATION NOW OPEN
- PLATFORMS TO BUSINESS RELATIONS – HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE INCEPTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- LOWER VAT ON E-PUBLICATIONS – STATE OF PLAY
- NEW ZEALAND: GST (GOOD AND SERVICE TAX) ON INTERNET PURCHASES SOON A REALITY